Above are three pictures using a 9V battery to check Pertronix.
- Attach a 9V battery with a clamp to the machine.
- Purchase a battery connector from Radio Shack that snaps on the 9V battery it
has a red lead positive & a black lead negetive.
- Connect black and red jumper leads to the 9V battery connector leads item #2
- Connect black wire from Pertronix and black wire from 9V battery to the
distributor lead on the machine.
- Connect red lead from 9V battery to red lead of Pertronix.
- Connect the groundd lead on the machine to the ground post on the machine or
the distributor housing.
- It is now ready to check and adjust as necessary.